(skip down to links below for pictures of the apartments & farmhouse)
Villa delle Delizie
This extraordinary property is comprised of a beautiful, historic Villa with 4 apartments, terraced gardens with lush flowers, and a small independent farmhouse situated amidst citrus groves.
The property stands out in its position between the sea and its mountainous background along the Amalfi Drive in the village of Amalfi. It is easily accessible to all of the fun beaches on this stretch of coastline, and is within a 15 minute walk to the center of the village where you will find restaurants and shops and public transportation going to all corners of the region.
The Villa is a palazzo built in the late 19th century in what was known in Italy as "Liberty Style" (Art Nouveau). Given its architectural heritage, the recent restoration work was carried out under the auspices of the regional Office of Beni Architettonici, which has designated the building and its gardens a national monument.
The 4 apartments, ranging in size from 1 to 4 bedrooms, have been constructed with maximum attention to reciprocal privacy and tranquility, and respect for the original ambience. Using selected period furnishings, paintings and other decorations of the family, the idea was to recreate the atmosphere of an aristocratic house of 100 years ago. The result is an exciting blend of understated elegance, contemporary light and color, and sensitivity to tradition.
The Villa has 5 levels:
Ground floor (Street level), Mezzanine, 1st floor
(and main garden level), 2nd and 3rd floors.
The main entrance is at Street level, and this is where the elevator (to all floors) is located. On the Mezzanine level are the Lounge, the Reception Office, and the 1-bedroom apartment Casa della Ragazza. On the 1st floor are the apartments Casa della Memoria and Casa degli Iris Blu, as well as the main garden level (also called the "hanging garden"). Stretching across the entire façade at the 1st floor level is a wonderful panoramic balcony which is shared by these two apartments. The largest apartment, Casa del Bacio, occupies the entire 2nd floor. The 3rd floor is a private residence. On the rooftop is a magnificent sunbathing terrace with sensational views.
4 apartments ranging in size from 1 to 4 bedrooms.
Each apartment is unique and enchanting in its own way.
Casa del Bacio - 4 bedrooms
Casa della Memoria - 2 bedrooms
Casa degli Iris Blu - 2 bedrooms
Casa della Ragazza - 1 bedroom
Casa del Bacio
4 bedrooms, 3 baths Sleeps 8
- A large and elegant apartment done in soft shades of yellow and green.
- 2 bedrooms with matrimonial bed, 2 bedrooms with twin beds
- 3 baths with shower
- A grand living room with stunning views east and south along the Coast.
- All rooms have a step-out balcony except for 2 of the bedrooms.
- The apartment is decorated with selected paintings and prints of various famous kisses; hence the name "Bacio" which means Kiss.
Casa della Memoria
2 bedrooms, 1 loft-bedroom, 2 baths Sleeps 5
- A spacious and beautiful gem built on two levels. The lower level is comprised of a gracious living-dining room, 1 bedroom with matrimonial bed and dressing area, kitchen, and a bath with shower.
- All of the rooms on the lower level open onto a large private terrace with a lovely view toward Amalfi Village. The bedroom on the lower level also uses a private portion of the long balcony that runs the length of the façade.
- The upper level is comprised of 1 bedroom with matrimonial bed, a loft-bedroom with single bed, and a bath with tub.
- The apartment is decorated with selected paintings and prints depicting the family's interesting history; hence the name "Memoria".
Casa degli Iris Blu
2 bedrooms, 2 baths Sleeps 4 + 1
- This wonderful apartment is at the level of the "hanging garden" and has a portion of it for its exclusive use. If that weren't enough, it also enjoys the exclusive use of the major portion of the front balcony that runs the length of the villa's façade.
- The apartment is comprised of 2 bedrooms, one with matrimonial bed and one with twin beds; a gracious living room with fireplace, and a kitchen-dining room. The living room and the two bedrooms open onto the balcony.
- The master bedroom and the dining area open onto the private section of the garden where there is a lovely ensemble of outdoor furnishings and a distinctive oval-shaped marble table with banquette.
- Two baths, one with tub, one with shower.
- The apartment is named for Van Gogh's painting "Blue Iris".
Casa della Ragazza
1 bedroom, 1 bath Sleeps 2
This apartment is situated on the mezzanine floor and is comprised of a kitchen-dining room, spacious bedroom, and a cozy sitting area. A charming antique glass door provides beautiful light and a lovely sea view.
- Kitchens -
Stove and Oven, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave,
Cookware, Dishware, Cutlery, accessories
- 32" Flat Screen TV with satellite connection
- iPod station
- Washing Machine
- Air conditioning in bedrooms
- Wireless Internet
Elevator to all floors
Reception Office with telephone and fax
Farmhouse dei Violini
2 bedrooms, 2 baths Sleeps 4 + 1
This is an independent, 2-story structure, set in a superbly panoramic position on the grounds of Villa delle Delizie. A stone staircase of about 100 steps leads from the main garden level up through the terraces to the front door of this charming and unusual farmhouse. The fatigue that could accompany this short hike is more than compensated for by breathtaking views, tranquility, and the sheer pleasure of being surrounded by the citrus groves.
The ground floor is comprised of a large family-room which serves as living room, dining area and kitchen. On the upper level there are 2 bedrooms, one with matrimonial bed and one with twin beds. There are 2 bathrooms, one with shower, and one with tub.
At sometime in the past, maybe as far back as one hundred years ago, an unknown resident with an artistic bent painted the farmhouse's vaulted ceilings with whimsical depictions of violins and guitars. With something as unusual as this in an otherwise simple country house, great care was taken in the course of the restoration to preserve this precious feature. The Farmhouse dei Violini is perfect for a group of young friends, 2 couples, or a family of 4.
(The Farmhouse is not air-conditioned)
GROUNDS and GARDENS
The grounds and gardens of Villa delle Delizie are an integral part of the overall heritage of the property. Aside from the main garden level (the "hanging garden"), there are seven terraces that at one time were cultivated entirely in citrus groves. Only the four lower terraces are still intact, but stand as a testament to the culture of the Amalfi Coast region and the relationship of its people to their land.